Bandit Mud Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Street legal

+4
GOT SCREWED
imminent destruction
BULLET RACING
whitey
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Street legal Empty Street legal

Post  whitey Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:29 pm

So i hear the rule's are supposed 2 change next year am i right? I totally agree with the dual plane intake and no dominator's and race fuel but no msd ignition i don't really agree with. Msd ignition is legal in all 50 states. I probly still couldn't run it next year because my im running expanded metal in the bed but it still is street legal and as far as the motor it is a really mild motor. I just figured i'd stir things up a lil. Im building a new motor soon and i wouldn't be able to run for long anyway

whitey

Back to top Go down

Street legal Empty Re: Street legal

Post  BULLET RACING Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:49 pm

ONE OF THE NEW RULES NEXT YEAR IS U CAN RUN RACE FUEL IN THE STREET LEGAL CLASS

BULLET RACING

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:23 am

I've had a couple chances this year they were going to let me run in streetlegal but i didn't want to cause any controversy. So i held out. It just sucks being stuck in the middle of all the classes. I don't ever plan on running race fuel in any of my motors i'll stick with the pump gas street truck and everyone you can get big power on pump gas these days. My truck is totally street legal and i love it! So how is racefuel streetlegal i don't get that 1.

whitey

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:37 am

Here's my idea of Streetlegal. Single carb no dominators, working lights, dual plane intake, castiron heads unless the vehicle came with aluminium, must have an altenator,no electric water pump, stock style steering no ack&pinion, power steering , any ignition. Mufflers mandotory, no race fuel, stock style suspension, thats pretty much it. Any input?

whitey

Back to top Go down

Post  imminent destruction Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:54 pm

i totally agree, I think that would be a great way to run this class

imminent destruction

Back to top Go down

Post  GOT SCREWED Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:40 pm

Is avgas considered street legal?Besides that I like your ideas Whitey.

GOT SCREWED

Back to top Go down

Street legal Empty avgas

Post  whitey Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:11 pm

id say no if it were up 2 me. Hows 93 with octane booster sound thats street legal.

whitey

Back to top Go down

Post  SB Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:47 am

SOUNDS GOOD TO ME, BUT WHAT THE HECK DO I KNOW? Cool
SB
SB

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:00 pm

Yea it really matter 2 me because there is only a couple trucks in that class if there were more i might w be more into setting my truck up 4 it. Maybe like Bullet said make Street legal an 8second breakout so some of the slower trucks have more classes to run. Some nights its hard to run 6.50 breakout and some nights they have 2 hit the breaks. Just an opinion im just really trying 2 give everyone something 2 chat about.

whitey

Back to top Go down

Post  Mud Bandit Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:00 pm

Okay, I am printing your ideas and Jamie & I are going to go over them. This is what I have been trying to get done for ever. Now that you guys are setping up and voicing your ideas I can go to Jamie and say here is what they want. We can provid the place to race but I get all the racers here. That is where you guys come into play. Keep your ideas rolling.

Mud Bandit
Admin

https://banditmudracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  imminent destruction Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:43 pm

i like the 8 sec idea but i would like to se that in a breakout class. That would let anybody run in it and trucks like mine can get 6.50 sometimes but rarley but 8.0 is reasonable for them. Just my thoughts i just love the breakout class just cant run them much.

imminent destruction

Back to top Go down

Post  GOT SCREWED Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:09 pm

hmmmmm....have I ever hit 8 seconds?...Maybe we oughta do a 10 second breakout...lol

GOT SCREWED

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:44 am

I just want 2 be a contender in 6.50 breakout and 4.50 breakout ive done pretty good at 6.50 i won once and got a couple seconds but i think i only signed up 4 4.50 1 time i guess i need 2 sign up more!

whitey

Back to top Go down

Post  imminent destruction Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:03 pm

yea x2 lol

imminent destruction

Back to top Go down

Street legal Empty street legal

Post  suddenkaos Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:52 pm

Ant that class fastest time wins, Why make it a break out class there are enough of them allready , mabey they need to step up, mabey learn how to mat it! :affraid geek

suddenkaos

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:24 pm

Breakout classes are awesome it takes all the whining out of it not everbody has 50grand to put in a motor. Plus breakout classes are so much fun! Im speaking for alot of people not not just 4 myself. Hey in dailydriver this month i had a guy that wanted me thrown out because he said i was running nitrous cause i ran 2.5 seconds faster than him in second place . My truck has never seen nitrous. Thats the kinda crap im talking about. Thats why i'll stick 2 the breakout classes!

whitey

Back to top Go down

Post  Mud Bandit Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:04 am

suddenkaos wrote:Ant that class fastest time wins, Why make it a break out class there are enough of them allready , mabey they need to step up, mabey learn how to mat it! :affraid geek

Yes, that class is who ever run s the fastest wins. I have to agree, the break out classes are okay, but we are racing and I don't like having to lift to win. But on the other hand it gives everyone a class or 2 to run in. All of this came about over a few trucks that really never race but maybe once or twice a year. I guess eveyone took a hit this year in the pocket and it is easier to back pedal than it is to keep speting the money to go faster.
But just so everyone is clear we will still have all of our classes next season, but maybe adding a few.

Mud Bandit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:42 pm

I haven't really heard any complaining on here were all just voicing what we think Street legal is. I'd love to run Street legal myself but it would start all kinds of crap. Has anyone even been running street mod or inbetween here lately? I haven't noticed most of the trucks come out with the cut tire's on and leave with them on. I'd like 2 try street mod. anyway just 2 see how bad i get beat.lol. Sounds like fun and if everyone breaks i might have a chance. lol.

whitey

Back to top Go down

Post  whitey Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:19 pm

I guess your right its a headsup class it needs to stay that way. Its hard to make everybody happy! Lets make the best of what we got and have fun because if your not having fun whats the point.

whitey

Back to top Go down

Post  Mud Bandit Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:50 pm

whitey wrote:I guess your right its a headsup class it needs to stay that way. Its hard to make everybody happy! Lets make the best of what we got and have fun because if your not having fun whats the point.

I agree, lets just have fun. That would make my life a whole lot easrier Very Happy
As far as the Street Mod. I know that there are a few trucks that will run, but what is the since if you are the only 2 in the class that is no fun. Hoefully things will change next season.

Mud Bandit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Street legal Empty street legal

Post  blockhead Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:44 pm

I know i'm catching the back side of this one but I like the idea of actually checking registations on street legal and daily driver classes we used to do it for dixie. It helps eliminate some of the not so street trucks

blockhead

Back to top Go down

Post  Mud Bandit Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:59 pm

In the begining of the year we check that, but not every race.

Mud Bandit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BULLET RACING Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:58 am

YEA ITS ALL OUT RACING,BUT WHEN PEOPLE RUN RACE GAS IT REALY PISSES ME OFF,LIKE WE CANT TELL THAT THEIR RUNNING IT.ITS LIKE STICKING A DICK IN YOUR ASS,KNOWING THAT THEIR DOING IT,SO BRING IT THE ____ ON THEN.LETS ROLL IM READY... Evil or Very Mad

BULLET RACING

Back to top Go down

Post  GOT SCREWED Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:43 am

suddenkaos wrote:Ant that class fastest time wins, Why make it a break out class there are enough of them allready , mabey they need to step up, mabey learn how to mat it! :affraid geek

Anyone can just mat it and hold on...breakout classes call for control of your truck. None of us are afraid to mat it..we run our trucks for everything they're worth everytime we run. I would like to see a bracket race type thing.

Doug

GOT SCREWED

Back to top Go down

Post  GOT SCREWED Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:47 am

blockhead wrote:I know i'm catching the back side of this one but I like the idea of actually checking registations on street legal and daily driver classes we used to do it for dixie. It helps eliminate some of the not so street trucks

I agree with this...

GOT SCREWED

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum